Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Death And Resurrection Show

It's a Killing Joke song. Apparently the pioneers of industrial music. However, I heard this song during a very turbulent period in my life. I realised one thing. You never rise till you fall. You need to get fucked to fuck back. And although Jay Coleman probably wrote this song in a very different context, if you really look at it that's what life is. A death and resurrection show.
You feel like it's the end of your life.
And you come out.
Depression.
Start eating again.
A hole in your chest.
Feeling full again.
Lots of cigarettes.
Binge beer drinking with your friends.
Why does this happen to me?
Fuck that shit, I can't believe I got depressed with that.
How can I come out of this one?
How the fuck did I fall into this shit? Dumb.
My mercury's in retrograde.
Fuck those astrologers, bloody cheats.
Death.
Resurrection.
Death.
Resurrection.

It's ironic how it always ends with death.

0 comments: